Airstream Venture Partners
Airstream Venture Partners is focused on early-stage deep tech opportunities leveraging the untapped intellectual property found in top-tier research institutions.
Areas of Focus
Early stage (pre-seed through A) with an economic moat created by technology and new insights with transformational potential. The technology is often multi-disciplinary leveraging advances in applied sciences, engineering, and computer science.
Our Investment Strategy
Who We Invest In
- Founders who share our vision that deep technology can improve our world while generating superior financial returns.
- Companies that have a unique insight and technology that addresses an important unmet need.
What We Invest in
- Preseed to seed stage startups that have unique insight and differentiated technology that addresses an important unmet need.
- Teams that have passion about what they are doing and fully committed to achieving their vision.
- Startups with a large potential market where the technology and insight create a sustainable differentiation and barrier to competitive entry.
How We Invest
- Our evaluations of opportunities are rigorous yet collaborative. Whether we choose to invest or not, we provide Founders honest and objective feedback.
- When we invest, we work with the Founders to help them grow the company through our network of technical, operational, and market experts.
- When we invest, we share the Founder’s vision and are fully committed to their success.
Bill has extensive experience in identifying and applying deep technology to create new capabilities. Bill’s experience includes serving as the CEO of SRI International and HRL Laboratories – two of the premier research institutes in the country. Previously, he served in the US Govt. as Director of NIST, in the White House OSTP, and at DARPA. Bill has a PhD from Harvard in astronomy and a Bachelor of Science degree in physics from MIT.
Stewart has founded and successfully exited three tech start-ups: Introhive, one of the fastest growing enterprise SaaS start-ups; Chalk media which was acquired by BlackBerry; and Sideware Systems which went public. Prior to Sideware, Stewart was a founding member of the CIBC World Markets Technology Investment Banking group. Stewart started his career at KPMG and holds a CPA designation as well as a Bachelor of Commerce degree from the University of British Columbia.